Guide to the Old North State Land Company, Marion, North Carolina, Brochures, circa 1890

Summary Information

Title: Old North State Land Company, Marion, North Carolina, Brochures, circa 1890
Collection: AC.1076
Extent: 0.01 linear feet (1 folder)
Abstract:

This collection contains two real estate brochures from the Old North State Land Company, promoting Marion, North Carolina as a wonderful place to live and work, and advertising their property.

Creator: Old North State Land Company

Biographical/Historical Note

The town of Marion is located in McDowell County in the Catawba Valley of North Carolina, current population about 8,000. Per the brochures, the area is surrounded by deposits of iron ore, and thick forests. One will find pure water, gold and other minerals, and a healthy climate.

Scope and Contents

This collection consists of two brochures published by Old North State Land Company in Marion, North Carolina, "A Golden Opportunity: go to Marion, NC, the Magnetic City of the Mountains!" and Office of Old North State Land Company, the Magnetic City", circa 1890. The brochures give all the attributes of moving to and working in Marion. The Old North State Company is a real estate company, promoting Marion in these brochures.

Arrangement

These brochures are filed in the same folder

Administrative Information

Access Restrictions

This collection is open for use in the Dougherty Reading Room. An appointment for research is recommended. The Dougherty Reading Room is located on the 4th floor of Belk Library in Special Collections.

Acquisitions Information

This collection was purchased from L&T Respess in 2014.

Processing Information

Processed by Anita Elliott in July 2015 with assistance from Claire Stamper.

Preferred Citation

[Identification of item], AC.1076: Old North State Land Company, Marion, North Carolina, Brochures, W.L. Eury Appalachian Collection, Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina USA.

Container List

Old North State Land Company, Two brochures on Marion, North Carolina, 1890