Storer College was a historically black college located in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia founded by Reverend Dr. Nathan Cook Brackett, a Freewill Baptist minister. The Home Mission Society of the Free Baptist Church founded it in 1867 to educate former slaves. It was the first college for African Americans in West Virginia. It was named for philanthopist John Storer of Sanford, Maine, who donation setup money. Frederick Douglass served as a trustee. The Niagara Movement, a forerunner of the NAACP, held its second conference on the campus of Storer College in 1906.
The school closed in 1955 after the 1954 Supreme Court desegregation decision led to the end of state and federal funding. In 1964, the college's endowment was transferred to Virginia Union University, an historically black institution. Records of the college are maintained by Virginia Union and by Howard University.