The Roswell Presbyerian Church was organized in 1839 by fifteen Presbyterian members in Roswell, Georgia. Their first minister was Nathaniel A. Pratt. The first building was built in 1840 and it was a part of the Hopewell Presbytery until 1842. It has also been a member of the Flint River Presbytery (1842-1844), Cherokee Presbytery (1844-1914), and Atlanta Presbytery (1814-1989). During the Civil War, the church was used as a hospital for Federal soldiers. From 1926 to 1939, the church was under the supervision of the Home Mission Board of Atlanta Presbytery. In 1939, the church became self-supporting again. The congregations has expanded allowing for several additions to the church building, such as the Educational Building and Colonnade (1959), a new sanctuary (1978), and Congregational Life Building (1986).