1. Permission for publication or public presentation covers one-time use of a single item unless otherwise indicated. Any later use, including reproduction by photographic or electronic means, without specific permission, constitutes reuse and is prohibited. Publication includes distribution of the item in all printed, audio, visual, and digitized formats, including posting on the World Wide Web.
2. Publication or public presentation can take place only under the "fair use" provision in United States copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code) or by obtaining permission of the copyright holder, which may be Appalachian State University.
3. Publication or presentation must result in a true reproduction of the original. Alteration of the original is prohibited, unless specific, written permission is given.
4. All published reproductions of Special Collections materials must bear the appropriate citation and credit line to the originating collection. Please cite as (choose the appropriate collection):
5. A complimentary copy of any publication that uses materials from Special Collections must be given to the unit for its collections.
6. No unauthorized copies may be made of the materials provided.
Researchers interested in using the collections in publications or public presentations need to complete the Permission to Publish or Present Request.